Havens Heels Company
An adult dance training and performance program from Burlington - Stoney Creek!
The Havens Heels Company program is a 12-week commitment program. When you register, you are registering for 1x per week for 12 weeks. Each class is 2 hours & is mandatory for those registered for the full 12 week session. In the first hour, dancers learn skills, drills & a new fun piece of choreography each week. The second hour is dedicated to Show Choreography. This means that you have to remember this choreography every week, as it will be performed at our year end show at the Zoetic Theatre.
Open to anyone who wants to dance – All levels, all experiences and all bodies have space & a place here.
Please Note: The first hour is also open to dancers that are not registered for the full program. If you are looking to drop in here & there for some fun choreography, please join us in the first hour*
Interested in joining?
What we offer!
Performance & Training:
- Adults ages 18+
- Absolute Beginner to Advanced Intermediate level classes
- 12 week sessions
- Heels are required
- End of session show or movie
Fall Show will take place on December 16th 2023
Session Theme – TBD
Early Bird Registration Begins November 7th – 28th 2023
Winter Session Begins January 7th – March 28th 2024
Show will take place on April 6th, 2023
Session Theme –TBA
Spring Session Begins April 14th – July 4th, 2024
Show will take place on July 15th, 2024
No dance experience necessary! This level is meant for those that love to dance at your local bar, but have never/rarely taken a formal dance class before OR danced 4+ years ago.
- no dance experience necessary
- all moves are completely broken down
Take your dance training to the next level! This level is meant to challenge those that are looking to improve, and practice for those already at this level. Not sure if you there yet? Take a look at the requirements below!
- must have 1 year of heels dance training experience
- can execute a fast and slow strut without feeling off balance
- can hold a bevel without feeling off balance
- understands the basics of chest and hip isolation drills
- experience learning heels choreography at a beginner level
Take your dance training to the next level! You’re an Intermediate dancer if you have completed at least two or more full years of heels training. You are proficient with drills and are looking to improve your performance, choreography and technical skills. Or you have previous dance experience in Jazz, Ballet or Hip Hop. Not sure if you there yet? Take a look at the requirements below!
- must have 2 or more years of heels dance training experience or you have recent experience as a dancer in jazz, ballet, or hip hop
- must exceed all the requirements of an advanced beginner dancer
- can execute a single pirouette while still working on technique
- can pick up choreography confidently without feeling overwhelmed
- can execute heels drills confidently e.g. struts, rib & hip isolations, weight transfers etc.
- comfortable with structure improve and freestyle movement
You’re an Advanced Intermediate dancer if you have completed at least three or more full years of heels training. You are technically proficient with drills and are looking to improve your performance, choreography and technical skills. Or you have previous competitive dance experience in Jazz, Ballet or Hip Hop. Take a look at the requirements below!
- Must have 3 or more years of heels dance training experience or you have recent experience as a dancer in jazz, ballet, or hip hop
- Executes a clean double pirouette with proper technique
- Able to seamlessly transition between standing & floor work
- Performs in class and on stage
- Can kick to a 90 degree angle
- Easily picks up and remembers 1-2 minutes of choreography during each rehearsal
- Can do advanced drill sequence without exhaustion and/or stopping
- Can execute a variety of dance styles (Jazz/Heels/Funk/Contemporary)
- Has made the effort to attend Intermediate Drop In Classes in the previous session.
First things first – if you do not already have an account with us, please create one by clicking the Sign Up button above, and select Login in the top right corner of the page. Select New Account & follow the prompts to create an account!
- Click on the Workshops tab at the top and scroll to the Class date/time you would like to enroll
- Select the Sign Me Up button in the middle right of the window
- Sign into your account / create an account and follow the prompts
- Select the Sign Up and/or Purchase button
- Select Purchase in the middle right of the window
- Confirm Payment
Cancellation / Refund Policy: Classes can be cancelled online from your account. Please email the studio so that our administrators are able to handle your circumstances accordingly. There will be no refunds for expired passes or passes that have been used in any capacity. You cannot transfer your pass/credits/contracts etc to another person. No refunds once the session has begun.